There are two requirements to qualify as a weekly dinner go-to in the Corna household…
- You need to be super EASY TO MAKE…
- And super YUMMY TO EAT!
And gosh darn it, this dish has it all! I take about 1 lb of chicken, mix in some broth, and smother it with love…I mean BBQ sauce, and then let my slow cooker do the rest. By the time I come back from work, I just have to shred the chicken inside the crock pot and serve however I like!
I can top a salad, a sweet potato, or even an egg casserole with it…but most times I eat it as is, with a side of roasted veggies! For an extremely simple and easy recipe, it has such a wonderful flavor to it. There is no added sugar, and the broth keeps the chicken juicy so it doesn’t dry out. This is totally optional, but before serving I like to drizzle extra BBQ sauce and top with cilantro.
You can make at the beginning of the week and store in the fridge for quick protein, or make some for your next dinner party. If you’re really feeling crazy, add on top of macaroni and cheese (OMG YUM)!
I’m really excited for you guys to try this household staple, since its easily become one of our year-round favorites!
Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Chicken
- 1-1.25 lbs raw, organic chicken my preference is chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup favorite BBQ sauce I use Sweet Baby Rays
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each
- 2 cloves chopped garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Add broth to crock pot and lay chicken on top.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic directly over chicken.
- Evenly pour BBQ sauce over chicken. Cook on high for 3 hrs, or low for 7-8 hrs. When finished cooking, use two forks and shred in slow cooker. Serve when ready to eat, or store in fridge for up to 5 days.