I have to admit, this might be one of the most addicting drinks on the planet for us coffee lovers out there! Woohoo…throw ‘em up if you love caffeine!
Most days I drink my coffee black in order to avoid any extra processed sugar or fat…because if I’m being honest, I’m really just trying to get a good buzz going in the AM. Although, sometimes when I’m feeling wild I may add a little almond milk or coconut milk with cinnamon…because YUM.
Thus the idea of a healthy cold brew that incorporated my favorite flavors to mix with coffee! And let me tell you…FREAKING.JACKPOT. This cold brew came out so so delicious, and gets the job done without all the added junk. All the ingredients used are natural and healthy for you!
Here’s what this Cold Brew Cack can do for you…
- Almonds: healthy fats, fiber, and protein
- Cashews: promotes healthy cholesterol (HDL), high mineral content, and protects against high blood pressure
- Dates: fiber, antioxidants, and improved digestion
- Cinnamon: antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and improve insulin sensitivity
- Vanilla: anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant
- Coffee: increase energy, protect against cirrhosis of the liver, and fiber
So pretty much a super yummy, energy boosting, elixir without the taste of black coffee…could this be the world’s most perfect drink?!
This recipe is extremely easy to make, and the best part is that you can bottle it and store it in the fridge for the week! AKA YUMMY COFFEE 2GO. The only thing you need is a nut milk bag (or fine strainer), and a blender!
Start by brewing a large pot of coffee. While that’s brewing, take almonds, salted cashews, dates, cinnamon, and vanilla, and add to a blender. Pour your hot coffee into the blender and let sit, until it gets to room temp.
This helps the nuts to soak up the coffee flavor and to allow their nutrients to be more readily available. The soaking process can take up to an hour, or overnight. It’s totally up to you and the time you have available!
Once ready, blend all ingredients on high until everything is mixed together. Take coffee mixture and run through a nut milk bag or fine strainer over a large bowl to remove food chunks. The liquid that remains in your bowl can then be divided up into individual bottles or a large carafe/pitcher!
If this is something you decide to make on a regular basis, I would definitely look into getting a nut milk bag, as its super easy to use for large batches. Here is the one I use for my Cold Brew Crack at home!
Once your cold brew is made and chilled, serve at a brunch, or bottle and enjoy throughout the week!
Cold Brew Crack
- 6 cups coffee black
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3 dates pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Brew 6 cups of black coffee.
- While coffee is brewing, add remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Once coffee is done brewing, pour into blender with rest of ingredients. Let sit and cool to room temp. This allows the coffee to cool, and for the nuts to soak.
- Once at room temp, turn blender on high and blend until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Using a nut milk bag or fine strainer, pour coffee from blend through bag or strainer into a large bowl. Set pulp aside, and pour cold brew into individual containers. I use glass bottles that I can take to work with me in the mornings.
- Store in fridge and drink throughout the week!